The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and was designed to harmonize data privacy laws across Europe, and to protect all EU citizens from privacy and data breaches in an increasingly data-driven world.
The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier.
This definition provides for a wide range of personal identifiers to constitute personal data, including name, identification number, location data or online identifier, reflecting changes in technology and the way organisations collect information about people.
Aquaforest is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our website, and in interactions with our company, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Aquaforest may gather certain information about our visitors to our Website:
1. Non-personally identifiable information i.e. we cannot link the information to a named individual.
3. Personally identifiable information:
Aquaforest may gather personally identifiable information such as emails, name, business phone number, an indication of job role or title, associated Company name and brief associated data where relevant in order to fulfil our duties, agreements and to car ry out our business. Details below:
Your email address and name will be requested and collected when you:
a. Download any of our software for trial
b. Download white papers or ebooks from our website
c. Sign up to webinars
d. Sign up to our educational emails
e. Subscribe to an aquaforest newsletter
f. Use our on-line chat via our website
g. Purchase online via our website
We legitimately require a valid email address for the purposes of delivery of the software product, license activation keys, white papers, eBook’s, webinar links, educational emails etc.
If you have downloaded a free trial of our software we will assume that you are interested in that product(s) and we will contact you as a part of our customer service and Technical Support to get feedback on the downloaded software, to offer you assistance with optimising the software to best suit your business needs and to offer product training, demos etc. We will inform you of updates and new releases to this downloaded product and related products. If you are no longer interested in receiving support or updates on this downloaded product you can opt out. You can choose to opt in to receive information about any of our other software products.
As part of our customer service and pre-sales processes we may follow up downloads of eBooks, webinars etc with informative emails.
On line purchasing
Links to other websites
Outline of what data we obtain, examples of how we use it, why we need it and who has access to it
When a Company becomes an Aquaforest Sales Lead or a customer, a purchaser of our software or service
A Lead or an Account is created by us in Salesforce, a CRM with whom we have a written agreement as our Processor. We work with the Dublin, Ireland based Salesforce office.
For the purpose of carrying out our business and supporting the customer pre and post sales we have a legitimate and contractual need, to know the key people, Contact(s), to communicate with in the Company.
In the Lead or Account, we record the relevant named contact(s) with business contact email or business phone number and a business address. As well as relevant associated information, all of which is required for legitimate business reasons and will also be used for, for example:
• Transactional, contractual and/or legal reasons
• Software license delivery, license and payment record tracking
• To fulfil our support agreements and tracking of Technical Support and Support and Maintenance Cover (SMC),
SMC status, SMC renewals reminders, software update information etc.
• Customer service and communications
• Internal record keeping responsibilities
• To provide Technical Support
• To better understand your Company’s needs
• Provide an individualised service
• Customer service
• Market research
We would be happy to substitute another contact name if preferred and can anonymize the original contact
An analogue copy of quotes and invoices and online sales receipts are kept in a secured location within the office or secure archive location.
If you contact us for Technical Support pre or post sales, details of your name, contact details, Company name and support issue and any other relevant details will be logged in Zendesk, a CRM. Zendesk is based in the USA.
Data is retained for the purposes of e.g.:
• Fulfilling Technical Support contracts
• Tracking of Technical Support
• Customer service and communications, pre and post sales
• improving our products and services
• helping improve Technical Support efficiency and effectiveness,
• Improve our FAQ knowledge base
• Assist with staff training
Job and work experience applicants
The information provided by you during the application and interview process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary.
The information you provide will be held securely by us and/or our data processors whether the information is in electronic or analogue format.
We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary.
The information we ask for is used to assess your suitability for employment or work experience etc.
Personal Information received from Third parties
Our Partners may refer a Lead, a potential customer, onto us and provide a named person for us to contact with their email contact details.
Our policy is that named contacts can only be accepted by us if they have;
1. Expressed Interest in our product(s)
2. Their consent has been obtained by the Partner to be referred onto us.
An Aquaforest customer/contact may wish Aquaforest to refer them onto an Aquaforest Partner, perhaps because they are based in a geographic location preferred by the contact or they provide a particular service of interest.
Aquaforest will not refer contact details on unless we have their consent that they wish us to do this.
We do not release personally identifiable information about individuals without their explicit consent . We do not sell or lease your personal information to third parties.
Customers may wish to submit documents containing personal information in order to receive Technical Support. Aquaforest, as a general policy, will not process documents containing personal information. We ask that personally identifiable data is securely redacted before submitting the document to Support. However, we accept that there are specific circumstances where redaction is not appropriate, please discuss this with our support team before submitting the document. We require your written agreement for processing the Personal Data. Support will provide you with a specific email address or link to securely submit the document. The document will be automatically deleted upon completion of the support case.
Aquaforest use third party components within some of its software and will only with your explicit consent send your document onto the appropriate third party related to your Support case.
For How long is personal information retained by us?
How personal information is protected
SECURITY of data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, technical and organisational procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect whether it be online, offline or analogue.
• all transactional areas of our websites are processed via a third party, Esellerate (part of Digital River) and are securely encrypted
• Our website has an SSL Cert and use https:
• We process personal data securely by means of appropriate measures.
• We have written agreements in place regarding data processing with our data processors and sub processors.
This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct. Our Sub processors also have signed non-disclosure agreements with us.
• Access to Personal information is only granted to employees of Aquaforest based on job role and on a ‘ Need to know’ basis . All employees have signed an NDA and Confidentiality Agreement as part of their conditions of employment to ensure customer data protection.
• Offline your personal information is kept securely in our password protected databases and office analogue personal data is kept in a secured place within our offices
Here is a list of processors and sub processors that we use.
- Enix (our Webhost)
- Accounting/Payroll services
IRIS Canon and BCL
We also use the services of a Controller, Digital River for online sales processing, it is an independent data controller under GDPR.
Your Rights: ACCESS, CORRECTION, DELETION
There is a list of rights that you, an individual, have under GDPR. Aquaforest may have legitimate, contractual or legal reasons as to why the personal data is required and we can explain which apply at the time you wish to use them.
Regarding your personal information you have the right to:
• Request access to information that Aquaforest ltd holds on you
• You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity
• Be informed about your processing of your personal information
• Rectification -You may update incomplete personal information or Correct any inaccurate information that Aquaforest has about you
• Erasure – the right to be forgotten and can request deletion of information that Aquaforest has about you
• Restrict processing
• Data portability – to move or copy your personal information
• Object to the processing of your information
• Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Checking your identity
Checking your identity
Aquaforest has designated a person responsible for data management, Susan Edlin, whom you can contact directly
Email contact : email@example.com
Telephone: +44 (0) 1296 768727
Mail: Midshires House, Suite 32, Midshires Business Park, Smeaton Close, Aylesbury, Bucks HP19 8HL United Kingdom
Our office is open 9am- 5pm Monday to Friday excepting UK public holidays