Upgrading to a newer version of Autobahn DX Server
is relatively straight forward.
The following steps will guide you through the process.
Ensure you have the following before upgrading:
- The latest installer for your Operating system, the installer can be downloaded from our download page.
- License key, our license keys are version and machine specific so a new license key will be required.
- You can request a new key by emailing the support team: email@example.com.
- Autobahn DX retains your Job definition files, but we still advise you to make backups of these.
- Un-install the previous version from Control Panel | Programs and Features.
- Run the installer and install the new version (using an Admin user).
- Follow the instructions provided by the installer.
- Run the application.
- Select the “Modules and Licensing” tab and enter your new license key and select “Update”.
- Configure the Autobahn and BCL EasyPDF SDK Loader services to run with an Admin user or a suitably privileged user.
- Run each of the sample jobs (1001, 1002 and 1003) provided with the product and review the output files to ensure the license key has been accepted and that no trial watermark stamp is being applied.
- Any previously configured jobs will be retained and loaded if the upgrade is being installed in the same location as the previous version. If the locations are different you can simply copy the jobdef and jobstatus folders to the new location.
- Finally through Job Manager, open each job and select the ‘Save’ option.
If you encounter any issues during or after the upgrade please contact the support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will be happy to assist.