Upgrading Aquaforest Searchlight
The following steps will guide you through the process.
- Upgrades to v1.2 can only be carried out if you’re currently running v1.05 or v1.1.
- If you’re running an earlier version please contact the support team; email@example.com.
- You will require the latest installer which can be downloaded from our download page.
- Our license keys are version and machine specific so a new license key will be required.
- You can request a new license key by emailing the support team; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The upgrade will create a backup of the Searchlight database, this contains information relating to your jobs. The database can be found in the following location: (C:\Aquaforest\Searchlight\data) if the application was installed in the default location.
- Un-install the previous version from ‘Control Panel | Programs and Features’.
- Run the v1.2 installer, installing in the same location (using an Admin user).
- Follow the instructions provided by the installer.
- Run the application and insert the new license key when prompted.
- Open the ‘Help and Support’ tab and run the ‘Diagnostic’ tool from the bottom right had corner. This will initiate the diagnostic wizard which will run various checks to determine if your system meets all the requirements needed to run Searchlight. If you notice any failures during the test contact the support team; email@example.com.
The following two tabs change content below.
Neil Pitman founded Aquaforest Limited in 2001 and is the chief architect for the company’s PDF and OCR software products used by thousands of organizations ranging from NASA to the Dutch Ministerie van Justitie. Neil has 30 years’ experience in the software industry in the UK and USA in the areas of database systems, document management and software development tools and has served on the IDT committees of the British Standards Institute (BSI) and was a co-author of the BSI’s 2007 publication on the Long Term Preservation of Digital Documents.
Latest posts by Neil Pitman (see all)
- European SharePoint, Office 365 and Azure Conference - November 30, 2017
- System Migration Bundle - October 3, 2017
- Adding a Kingfisher Job As An Autobahn DX Step - September 8, 2017