Converting Postscript (.ps) files to PDF using Autobahn DX Server
The following steps will enable you to convert postscript (.ps) files to searchable PDF using Autobahn DX.
- Download and install the relevant version of GSview using the following links gsv50w64.exe gsv50w32.exe
- Once installed change your .ps file to open with gsview, to do this:
- Right click on a post script file and select properties.
- Click on the change button.
- Select either C:\Program Files\Ghostgum\gsview\gsview64.exe or gsview32.exe
- Open the easyPDF SDK printer and select the following options:
- Printer | Properties
- On the Advance options tab set the Resolution to 300 dpi (default is 600 dpi)
- Update the Autobahn config file C:\Aquaforest\Autobahn DX\pj\bin\topdf.exe.config
- remove the .ps extension from: <add key=”ExcludedExtensions” value=”.zip.exe.pps.ps.chm” />
- add the .ps extension to: <add key=”AutoExtension” value=”.ps” />
- Finally create a 2 step job in the Autobahn Job Manager as shown below which contains the following steps:
- Convert Any File to PDF
- OCR Image-Only PDF
The following two tabs change content below.
Neil Pitman founded Aquaforest Limited in 2001 and is the chief architect for the company’s PDF and OCR software products used by thousands of organizations ranging from NASA to the Dutch Ministerie van Justitie. Neil has 30 years’ experience in the software industry in the UK and USA in the areas of database systems, document management and software development tools and has served on the IDT committees of the British Standards Institute (BSI) and was a co-author of the BSI’s 2007 publication on the Long Term Preservation of Digital Documents.
Latest posts by Neil Pitman (see all)
- Run a QUICK & FREE Audit to check that your documents are Searchable - August 27, 2020
- ESPC Power Automate Blog Articles - August 21, 2020
- Aquaforest Searchlight Tagger Onboarding Consultancy Package – Aquaforest Searchlight Tagger + Consultancy - August 6, 2020